Wednesday, March 28, 2018

John Bellairs movie

So, thanks to Friend Richard, I just learned that there's a new movie coming out based on the work of one of my favorite authors: John Bellairs, author of one of the best fantasy novels ever written (THE FACE IN THE FROST) and the inimitable ST. FIGETA & OTHER PARODIES.* It's based on THE HOUSE WITH A CLOCK IN ITS WALLS -- not his best but probably his best-known work, the start of the Lewis Barnavelt trilogy (later extended beyond the first three books into an ongoing series). Have to say, I'm looking forward to this one. It's due out in September.

https://www.housewithaclock.com

--John R.


*which asks the question: Does the olive in the martini break the Lenten fast?

1 comment:

Deniz Bevan said...

I'm eager to see the film, as I love Bellairs, but, or because of the latter, will likely criticise it as much as I do The Lord of the Rings films...